NEW Volunteer Handbook –> Check it out: 2017 Greenway Volunteer Handbook
LIT Training – Thurs June 29 – 12-3 pm at 116 Rouse Ave. Lunch will be provided.
|2017 LIT Camp Schedule at Greenway-Chaplin Community Centre(updated June 15, 2017)|
|Age 5-7 (2 LITs)||Age 8-10 (2 LITs)|
|Week 1||Shaza S, Isabelle M, Kayla R||Aariana S, Kishaun, Serena|
|Week 2||Shaza S, Abdul R||Faheemah, Zaiba|
|Week 3||Carly W, Claudia M, Mackenna J, Aiden J||Juueriyah|
|Week 4||Carly W, Miguel A||Juueriyah, Zaiba|
|Week 5||Isabelle M||Faheemah,|
|Week 6||Olivia, Amie|
|Age 4-12 (3 LITs)|
|Week 7||Cedric R,|
|Week 8||Gulrang, Zaiba|
|Week 9||Afrah A, Ryan C, Gulrang, Zaiba|
- Leader-In-Training (LIT) for Summer Camp (July & August) Minimum 1 week of volunteering 9-3:30 Monday to Friday. Applications now available. Contact Emily firstname.lastname@example.org to book an interview on Tues, Wed or Thurs at 3 pm. Returning LITs need to complete the application form (no interview needed).
- Youth Council (held at 116 Rouse Ave.) Monthly meeting first Wednesday of the month 3:30-4:30 pm. Youth age 12+ are invited (snack will be provided and participants will receive volunteer hours for this opportunity) Next meeting: Wed September 6
Come join the Greenway Volunteer Team!
Step 2 – Book an interview with Emily (Volunteer Coordinator) on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday between 9:00 am – 3:00 pm. Bring the names and phone numbers of 2 references.
Step 3 – Reference checks are completed and if they are positive then a volunteer opportunity can be confirmed.
Step 4 – Start date for orientation and training will be set.
Board of Directors
We are looking for individuals who want to assist with planning our future activities.
If you want to give back to your community, please consider being on a committee or on our Board of Directors. It’s a great opportunity to gain leadership skills and add to your resume.
Greenway’s Board of Directors
Who are we?
The Board of Directors at G.C.C.C. is made up of caring community members who are dedicated to the well being of the organization in the community.
What do we do?
- Manage the affairs of the organization
- Ensure the objectives of the organization are properly carried out
- Set long range objectives and develop strategic plans
- Establish policies and guidelines for the operation of the organization
- Evaluate performance of the organization in the community
Why should you consider joining?
- Increase your skills and resume
- Give back to your neighbourhood
- Give your community a voice
How to be an amazing volunteer at Greenway?
- Come ready to volunteer at the assigned time.
- Complete tasks as requested.
- Ask Staff for help and guidance.
- Give feedback to help us grow.
- Notify us if you can’t come.
- Request a letter of reference for a job interivew or confirmation letter of your completed high school hours.