Greenway Volunteer Handbook –> Check it out: 2018 Greenway Volunteer Handbook
LIT 2018 SUMMER SCHEDULE- UPDATED June 27
Summer Volunteer Opportunities (updated August 14, 2018)
Reception Volunteer (Monday mornings 9:00-12:00, and covering other vacation shifts for reception)
- Answering and directing telephone calls and messages for staff
- Greeting visitors and portraying a friendly, welcoming environment
- Providing information about the Centre and other community information
- Registering families for activities
Special Events Volunteer: The purpose of this position is to assist in varying capacities with special events hosted by Greenway Chaplin Community Centre.
- Duties/Responsibilities (Will vary depending on the event but will include things such as): Guest greeting, raffle or ticket sales, food or meal service, set up/clean up, facilitating children’s activities, ensure that the children are following rules (supervision).
Looking for additional volunteer opportunities throughout Kitchener, Waterloo and Cambridge? Follow this link: https://volunteerkw.ca/index.php
Come join the Greenway Volunteer Team!
Step 1 – Fill out this –> Greenway Chaplin Volunteer Application Form and email it to email@example.com
Step 2 – Book an interview with the Volunteer Coordinator on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday between 9:00 am – 3:00 pm. Bring the names and phone numbers of 2 references
Step 3 – Reference checks are completed and if they are positive then a volunteer opportunity can be confirmed.
Step 4 – Start date for orientation and training will be set.
How to be an amazing volunteer at Greenway?
- Come ready to volunteer at the assigned time.
- Complete tasks as requested.
- Ask Staff for help and guidance.
- Give feedback to help us grow.
- Notify us if you can’t come.
- Request a letter of reference for a job interivew or confirmation letter of your completed high school hours.