Can’t come and volunteer?
Please call Greenway 519-623-4220 or Camp Phone 519-880-4602.
Greenway Volunteer Handbook –> Check it out: 2017 Greenway Volunteer Handbook
LITs – find a camp song + find a camp game to lead (check out Ultimate Camp Resource http://www.ultimatecampresource.com/ )
LIT Information Sheet -> LIT Info Sheet 2017
|2017 LIT Camp Schedule at Greenway-Chaplin Community Centre(updated Aug 17, 2017 at 10 am)|
|Age 5-7 Campers||Age 8-10 Campers|
|Week 1||Shaza S, Isabelle M, Kayla R||Aariana S, Kishaun, Serena|
|Week 2||Shaza S, Abdul R, Mariama||Faheemah, Zaiba, Kishaun|
|Week 3||Carly W, Claudia M, Mackenna J, Aiden J||Juueriyah, Walter, Mariama|
|Week 4||Carly W, Miguel A, Star, Ibrahim F||Juueriyah, Zaiba, Isabelle M|
|Week 5||Zaiba, Ava, Khalehla D||Faheemah, Khoi, Star|
|Week 6||Olivia, Amie, Miguel A||Zaiba, Mariama, Bijou, Star|
|Age 4-12 Campers|
|Week 7||Cedric R, Walter, Khoi, Zaiba, Mariama|
|Week 8||Gulrang, Ava, Khoi, Walter, Malaik|
|Week 9||Afrah A, Ryan C, Gulrang, Esther|
Fall Volunteer Opportunities (updated Aug 17, 2017)
- Youth Council (held at 116 Rouse Ave.) Monthly meeting first Wednesday of the month 3:30-4:30 pm. Youth age 12+ are invited (snack will be provided and participants will receive volunteer hours for this opportunity) Next meeting: Wed Oct. 4
- Fall 2017 Recreation Program Assistant Opportunities:
- Glam Girls (at 930 Elgin Street) – Tuesdays Oct 3-Dec 5 (6-7:30 pm)
- Curious Kids (at Greenway) – Wednesdays Oct 4-Nov 22 (6-7 pm)
- Mini Chefs (at Greenway) – Saturdays Sept 23-Nov 18 (12:45-2 pm)
- My First Dance Class (at Avenue Road Public School) – Saturdays Oct 14-Dec 2 (9:30-10 am)
- Soccer (at Avenue Road Public School) – Saturdays Sept 23-Nov 18 (10:15-12:15 3 different classes and ages)
- Dance Class (at Avenue Road Public School) – Saturdays Oct 14, 2017-June 9, 2018 (10 to 1 pm 3 different class and ages Jazz/Hip Hop+Lyrical)
- Kid-Skills (at Greenway) – Fridays Oct 13-Dec 1 (6-7 pm)
- Youth Drop-In Program Assistants
- Youth Drop In (Grade 8-12)
- Mondays at 930 Elgin St. Sept 11-Dec 18 (7:30-9 pm)
- Thursdays at Greenway Sept 14-Dec 21 (8-10 pm)
- Pre-teen Drop In (Grade 5-8)
- Mondays at 930 Elgin St Sept 12-Dec 29 (6-7:30 pm)
- Tuesdays & Thursdays at Greenway Sept 12-Dec 21 (6-8 pm)
- Youth Drop In (Grade 8-12)
- Special Event Volunteer (assist to plan, promote and evaluate these community building events)
- Halloween Dance (Oct 27 – 7-9 pm)
- Winter Dance (Dec 15 – 7-9 pm)
- Winter Celebration (Dec – date to be confirmed)
Come join the Greenway Volunteer Team!
Step 2 – Book an interview with Emily (Volunteer Coordinator) on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday between 9:00 am – 3:00 pm. Bring the names and phone numbers of 2 references.
Step 3 – Reference checks are completed and if they are positive then a volunteer opportunity can be confirmed.
Step 4 – Start date for orientation and training will be set.
Board of Directors
We are looking for individuals who want to assist with planning our future activities.
If you want to give back to your community, please consider being on a committee or on our Board of Directors. It’s a great opportunity to gain leadership skills and add to your resume.
Greenway’s Board of Directors
Who are we?
The Board of Directors at G.C.C.C. is made up of caring community members who are dedicated to the well being of the organization in the community.
What do we do?
- Manage the affairs of the organization
- Ensure the objectives of the organization are properly carried out
- Set long range objectives and develop strategic plans
- Establish policies and guidelines for the operation of the organization
- Evaluate performance of the organization in the community
Why should you consider joining?
- Increase your skills and resume
- Give back to your neighbourhood
- Give your community a voice
How to be an amazing volunteer at Greenway?
- Come ready to volunteer at the assigned time.
- Complete tasks as requested.
- Ask Staff for help and guidance.
- Give feedback to help us grow.
- Notify us if you can’t come.
- Request a letter of reference for a job interivew or confirmation letter of your completed high school hours.