Greenway Volunteer Handbook –> Check it out: 2019 Greenway Volunteer Handbook
(updated January 15, 2019)
Reception Volunteer (Afternoon shifts on Wednesday and Friday 12:30-4:00 available )
- Answering and directing telephone calls and messages for staff
- Greeting visitors and portraying a friendly, welcoming environment
- Providing information about the Centre and other community information
- Registering families for activities
Bingo Volunteer: To assist the staff of the Bingo Hall, provide customer support and promote Greenway Chaplin Community Centre.
• Calling out Bingo winner numbers
• Keeping the Bingo Centre tidy
• Promoting Greenway Community Centre if asked
- You will be required to attend a 90 minute training session at the Cambridge Bingo and Gaming Centre in order to volunteer at Bingo night.
Valentine’s Dance Volunteer:
- Duties/Responsibilities will vary depending on the event but will include things such as
- Guest greeting
- Raffle or ticket sales
- Set up/clean up
- Ensure that the children are following rules and supervision.
Looking for additional volunteer opportunities throughout Kitchener, Waterloo and Cambridge? Follow this link: https://volunteerkw.ca/index.php
Come join the Greenway Volunteer Team!
Step 1 – Fill out this –> Greenway Chaplin Volunteer Application Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 2 – Book an interview with the Volunteer Coordinator on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday between 9:00 am – 3:00 pm. Bring the names and phone numbers of 2 references
Step 3 – Reference checks are completed and if they are positive then a volunteer opportunity can be confirmed.
Step 4 – Start date for orientation and training will be set.
How to be an amazing volunteer at Greenway?
- Come ready to volunteer at the assigned time.
- Complete tasks as requested.
- Ask Staff for help and guidance.
- Give feedback to help us grow.
- Notify us if you can’t come.
- Request a letter of reference for a job interview or confirmation letter of your completed high school hours.