Greenway Volunteer Handbook –> Check it out: 2018 Greenway Volunteer Handbook
(updated October 12, 2018)
Reception Volunteer (Morning shifts 9:00-12:00 and afternoon shifts 12:30-4:00 available )
- Answering and directing telephone calls and messages for staff
- Greeting visitors and portraying a friendly, welcoming environment
- Providing information about the Centre and other community information
- Registering families for activities
Halloween Dance Volunteer: October 26th from 7:00-9:00 at Elgin Street Public School
- Duties/Responsibilities (Will vary depending on the event but will include things such as): Guest greeting, raffle or ticket sales, food or meal service, set up/clean up, facilitating children’s activities, ensure that the children are following rules (supervision).
Bingo Volunteer: To assist the staff of the Bingo Hall, provide customer support and promote Greenway Chaplin Community Centre.
• Calling out Bingo winner numbers
• Keeping the Bingo Centre tidy
• Promoting Greenway Community Centre if asked
- You will be required to attend a 90 minute training session at the Cambridge Bingo and Gaming Centre in order to volunteer at Bingo night.
Walking Club Coordinator:
- The Walking Club Coordinator will be responsible to lead short, accessible, community-based walks for individuals that wish to improve their health or build relationships through walking.
- The Walking Club Coordinator will be responsible to coordinate the walking route based on the needs of the participants.
Looking for additional volunteer opportunities throughout Kitchener, Waterloo and Cambridge? Follow this link: https://volunteerkw.ca/index.php
Come join the Greenway Volunteer Team!
Step 1 – Fill out this –> Greenway Chaplin Volunteer Application Form and email it to email@example.com
Step 2 – Book an interview with the Volunteer Coordinator on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday between 9:00 am – 3:00 pm. Bring the names and phone numbers of 2 references
Step 3 – Reference checks are completed and if they are positive then a volunteer opportunity can be confirmed.
Step 4 – Start date for orientation and training will be set.
How to be an amazing volunteer at Greenway?
- Come ready to volunteer at the assigned time.
- Complete tasks as requested.
- Ask Staff for help and guidance.
- Give feedback to help us grow.
- Notify us if you can’t come.
- Request a letter of reference for a job interview or confirmation letter of your completed high school hours.