Position: Recreation Worker Responsible To: Program Coordinator Function: Delivery of the Greenway Chaplin Community Centre Child and Youth Programs including the planning, implementation and record keeping related to the programs. Hours: 35/week Contract Term: Full Time – 6 month contract – beginning no later than January 7th, 2019 (3 month probation) until June 2019 with the possibility of renewal. Pay: $15 - $16/hour Schedule: Tuesday to Saturday when in 8 week program sessions. Flexible to Monday-Friday schedule when between program sessions. Major Duties include but are not limited to: Programming:
- Lead planning, preparation and delivery of registered programs ensuring they remain in accordance with all Centre’s policies, procedures and guidelines including Boys Club, Curious Kids, Kid-skills and Mini Chefs.
- Lead planning, preparation and delivery of Youth Drop In programs ensuring they remain in accordance with all Centre’s policies, procedures and guidelines including Pre-teen and Teen Drop In.
- Delivery of the After-School program for grade 1-6 with up to 30 participants in accordance with the programs guidelines as outlined by funders and supervisors.
- Responsible for attending all centre staff meetings, mandatory trainings, and events.
- Some report writing, typing and filing. Maintain accurate and updated files including attendance, budgets, indicators and outcomes.
- Liaise with other agencies, schools, and community organizations regarding use of the facilities.
- Maintain a positive relationship with community partners and spaces where programs take place.
- Work with an understanding and sensitivity to the multi-cultural needs of our community.
- Maintenance of Greenway Facebook, Twitter, and website.
- Degree or Diploma in child/youth related field
- Behaviour management and facilitation skills
- Program development, implementation and evaluation experience, problem solving and conflict management skills
- Excellent communication, organizational skills
- Experience working with a diverse population, volunteers and community partners
- Valid class G driver’s license and access to own transportation
- First Aid and CPR certification
- Certified in HIGH FIVE Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD)
- Food Handling certificate an asset
- Self-directed team player who can work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to work in a fast pace environment
- Proficient with Office programs